Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Winter is on the Way!!!

This morning it was 74 degrees when I got up . . . by tomorrow morning it will be in the low 30s and by Thursday morning DOWN TO 29 DEGREES!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOO!

Happy New Year!!!! I'm certainly hoping 2008 is better than 2007 was.

Kris & Katie will be here in good ol' PC this week! They are driving their "Harley" truck all the way from Kansas to retrieve their Harley that Steve has "babysat" since Aug 2006. Steve will miss that "Fat Boy". Too bad, so sad. After our experience w/ Jorge I wish none of them would ever ride motorcycles again.

We haven't seen Kris since he returned to the US. They'll stay about a week, drive back to Kansas and then will fly back here a week later for Kylee's wedding. Strange, I know, but Katie has to get back for grad school during that 'tween week. It will be so good to see them both and know they will be "safe" for at least five years. I best be gettin' some grandkids soon too!

I'm sad to say that Austin and Kayli broke up. She's a very sweet girl and I hope we stay in touch for a while. I haven't talked to either of them about the break up but I think it was mostly geographical. Austin has lived in Florida all of his life (other than while in the Army) and as soon as he is discharged he's coming right back to PC. All of Kayli's family is in Washington State and that will always be home for her.

17 days until the wedding! I'm going to cry. . . boo hoo. More later.

3 comments:

Sarge Charlie said...

happy new year mom...

Not a Granny said...

Happy New Year! Sorry to hear about Austin and Kayli. All of my family is in Washington State, all of Not A Grampy's famiy is here in Florida.

We tried to arrange our duty stations to alternate sides of the US. Retirement, there was not question, I was tired of being cold, I wanted Florida!

DubLiMan said...

Happy New Year.....talking about 2008, you have been tagged to participate in a fun New Year's Resolution game. http://mondaymorningpower.blogspot.com/2008/01/new-years-resolution-or-not.html