Monday, September 24, 2007

Update on Jorge

Jorge remains in critical condition in the ICU. His kidneys failed over the weekend so he was put on dialysis. Stef (and I) set up a CaringBridge.org site for him. This is a wonderful (free) service for keeping in contact with family and friends while your loved one goes through an extended illness or prolonged recovery. Take a look and if you know of anyone in a similar situation, tell them about this.

Austin has re-injured his knee and is out of the fighting for at least a month and probably longer. I've never been so excited and relieved to hear that one of my children had an injury. He's just hanging around at the FOB giving his leg time to heal. I want to tell him to jump up and down on that leg, but I probably shouldn't!

Stef still has my laptop so I'm sneaking this in at work. I'm "Jonesing" for a computer!!!!

9 comments:

Not a Granny said...

Prayers to you, Jorge, and Stef!

I agree, have Austin jump up and down, Kayli, you there...send him to Aisle 9!!

Sarge Charlie said...

Best wishes for Jorge.

Ok mom, it is good that he is out of the fight, I hope for complete recovery and a trip home.

Sarge Charlie said...

Oh BTW, I am featured blogger on VA Joe, stop by and check it out.

Shelly said...

Sorry to hear about the set-back with Jorge, I wish him a speedy recovery.

Sorry, or ok not sorry to hear about Austin... Bummer on the computer, we miss your posts.

Shelly

Debbi (no 'e' on the end) said...

Our prayers are with you all.

Lee Ann aka Dixie said...

Prayers for the entire family.

I believe I'd be like you ...happy that my child was hurt... ;-)

Debbie said...

I can see your relief for Austin =)

Oldqueen44 said...

Best wishes for Jorge. Prayers for the entire family.

Rachelle Jones said...

My Mother sufferred a pulmonary embolism, and recovered. Prayer works, the human spirit is amazing...